Sunday, June 10, 2012

the city that never sleeps...

       



Evita Pero

            
Av. 9 de Julio- 18 lanes wide
Sunset on Sarmiento


         
              First night out with my wonderful hostesses




tango en la calle
There is so much to do here and in two weeks I have not even come close to doing it all, but this is a city that I will most certainly return to. The people are strikingly beautiful and have been nothing but helpful towards me. They are passionate and full of life and it is so appropriate that the tango is the national dance.
 is not just a dance, but an expression of life and love. It is inspiring and undeniably sexy to watch these people as they twist across the floor with their serious faces and impossible footwork. I have learned the most basic steps but it would take a lifetime to master this art. 
first tango lesson



The people here love to dance and there are endless bailes folkloricos that are passed down generation to generation. Last Sunday I went to one of the many weekend markets and spent the entire day wandering through the crowds, eating choripan, watching both young and old invite one another to dance. They were so happy and the sheer joy on their faces brought tears to my eyes. For me, this is the essence of South America... the pleasure and love and passion that these people share is overwhelming. This is what has lured me back and this will be my reason for staying. I am so grateful for the hospitality and friendship that has been offered to me, and I leave Buenos Aires exhausted but inspired and excited for the next leg of my journey. I will leave you with these photos as I venture south to Patagonia...
my dance partner





atrapasueños







a choripan for the lady, (and one for her booty too)


Mueso MALBA

                                                        



jazz in the subte
Puerto Madero with my amiga from the plane



best street music ever
sculptura en viva

No comments:

Post a Comment

"There is no need to search; achievement leads nowhere. It makes no difference at all, so just be happy now! Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor and change. There is no problem, never was, and never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns and relax into the world. No need to resist life; just do your best. Open your eyes and see that you are far more than you imagine. You are the world, you are the universe; you are yourself and everyone else too! It's all the marvelous play of God. Wake up, regain your humor. Don't worry, you are already free!" - Way of the Peaceful Warrior